Ravens Bark Hickory Texas Burger.
Love a great big juicy delicious home-grilled burger? Try a grilled Texasburger slathered with RavensBark BBQ Sauce – The Hickory.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Grill Time: 20 minutes
6 (6-ounce) burger patties
salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1 to 1-1/2 cups RavensBark BBQ Sauce – The Hickory
12-15 slices yellow onion
6 good quality burger buns
Heat a grill to medium hot. Pour 1 cup of the RavensBark BBQ Sauce – The Hickory in a baking dish and place to the side. Season burger patties with salt & pepper. Place the onion slices around the perimeter of the grill surface turning once during the cook process. Grill the burgers to desired degree of doneness. With about 3-4 minutes before the burgers are done, place the burger patties in the baking dish with sauce, turning to coat both sides well and return to the grill to caramelize the sauce. Open the buns and paint the insides with melted butter. Place buns, buttered sides down, on the grill rack; grill buns just long enough to lightly brown, with edges slightly crisp. Place a burger on each bun and pour some of RavensBark BBQ Sauce – The Hickory on top and layer on grilled onion slices. Serves 6
Close-Up of Hack's BBQ sauce, rich and thick and delicious
Hack’s BBQ Sauce is a great BBQ Sauce for those who cannot tolerate the onions and peppers and delightful for those who just love BBQ. Hack’s is a thick and rich, tomato based, specialty sauce made by Stephen Dodd. Stephen created Hack’s BBQ Sauce in 1999 with the goal to eliminate onions and peppers from her diet for medical reasons. Hack’s BBQ Sauce has been enjoyed by family and friends for over 10 years and now we make it available to you!
We want to thank the folks over at Hack’s BBQ Sauce for allowing us to reprint their recipes. If you have dietary restrictions around onions and peppers, here are some incredible recipes for Meat Loaf, Pulled Pork and Sloppy Joes, minus the onions and peppers. Make sure that you remember to have Hack’s BBQ Sauce on hand to make all of these recipes as good as it can get!
Hack’s BBQ Margarets Meat Loaf
1 – 1-1/2 c
1/4 – 1/2 tsp
1/4 – 1/2 tsp
1/3 – 1/2 c
|ground beef or meat loaf mix
your favorite Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Hack’s BBQ Sauce
|Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Shape into a loaf in a baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 70 minutes
Hack’s BBQ Easy Pulled Pork
|country style pork ribs
Hack’s BBQ Sauce
|Rinse the ribs to remove any sawdust and place in a roasting pan. Add water to the pan, cover, and place in the oven at 250° for 4 hours. When done, the meat will easily pull away from the bones with a fork. Place the pulled pork in a bowl and add 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and mix well. Then add the remaining sauce to taste. Serve on a hamburger bun. Makes 6-8 sandwiches.
Hack’s BBQ Sloppy Joes
Hack’s BBQ Sauce
|In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain the fat. Add the BBQ sauce, relish and water. Mix well and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Serve on a hamburger bun with a slice of your favorite cheese.
Grilling and Cooking are among some of Elizabeth Karmel’s specialties and she has been kind enough to share with us the recipe from one of her holiday favorites, Beer and black pepper holiday brisket. We get so many requests for brisket, especially on the BBQ, but this is one great recipe for the oven, it can of course be done on a grill. For more incredible recipes from Elizabeth, check out her site Girls At The Grill at for more great tips and tricks. Her secret to a tasty brisket is “untrimmed” and believe me, you only need to eat a dry brisket once to learn that lesson! We speak from experience. Thank you Elizabeth for this great brisket recipe.
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 9- to 11-pound whole beef brisket, untrimmed
- Four to six 12-ounce bottles beer
Start to finish: 4 to 6 hours (depending on thickness), 10 minutes active
1. Heat the oven to 325 F. Set a metal rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
2. To prepare the rub, in a small bowl mix the salt, pepper and cayenne. Sprinkle the mixture over all sides of the brisket.
3. Pour 1 beer into a loaf pan and set on the oven’s bottom rack.
4. Place the brisket, fat side up, on the prepared rack. Roast on the oven’s center rack for 4 to 6 hours, adding an additional beer to the loaf pan every hour. Cook until the meat reaches 185 F at the center. Remove the brisket from the oven and let rest at least 20 minutes. Thinly slice to serve.
The brisket also can also be made the day before, then reheated on the same rack and sheet pan system, covered loosely with foil for a couple of hours at 250 F. Remember to let the meat rest again before slicing.
And when slicing, be aware that the grain of the brisket changes. Look at the grain of the meat and make sure to slice against it. If the slices look like a small honeycomb pattern, you are slicing it correctly. If it looks like long strings, it is incorrect.
Rooftop BBQ Contains no HFCS and Tastes Great!
We are very excited to add yet another great BBQ Sauce from the great state of California to the BBQ Pro Shop. Rooftop BBQ Competition Style Sauce is now available at a special price of $7.49 for a 20 Oz bottle of sauce. It is imported all the way from California and contains All Natural ingredients. It adds yet another HFCS Free BBQ Sauce to our line up. As a way to get people even more excited we were given permission by Andy Allen to print their recipe for Tri-Tip. When properly smoked and then grilled, it is every bit as good as a fine filet with a ton of flavor!
We would suggest either the Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria Rub or The Rub Co. Santa Maria as a rub for this if you want to mix things up a little bit! We hope to have the Rooftop BBQ Rubs in the BBQ Pro Shop very soon!
Rooftop Tri- Tip
To make the Tri-tip Marinade you’ll need
1/4 cup Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria Rub or The Rub Co. Santa Maria
1/4 cup water
1/4 olive oil
2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
Mix well (yes its that simple)
To cook the tri-tip you’ll need
A good cut of tri-tip
Smoker or grill (if smoker is unavailable)
A good temp probe check out the CDN DSP-1 Dual Sensing Probe Thermometer
How to cook
- Take out your tri-tip out and trim most of the fat cap off (some places remove this before buying).
- Add your tri-tip and marinade to a zip lock bag and let it rest in your refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When cooking on a smoker find a good quality rich wood like hickory, pecan or the california favorite red oak. Check out Fruita wood chunks to get the best quality wood.
- Get your smoker or grill(with one side of burners lit) up to about 240-255 degrees and put your tri-tip on over indirect heat.
- Cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temp hits 130.
- At this point remove your tri tip and place over high heat on a grill (this called reverse searing, its the best way to do a tri-tip).
- Sear all sides of the tri-tip until the internal temp hits 140-145.
- Take off and let rest 10 min before cutting against the grain.
Dennis' Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce
Looking for a meatloaf that is different, with a little Heat? We wanted to share one of Dennis’ recipes with you for his sweet and spicy meatloaf. Reva Foods has a line of BBQ sauces and Ketchups that are absolutely unique and delicious at the same time! Dennis’ Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce, It’s the “Flavor of Paradise”, only hotter!
2 lbs ground beef – 10% fat
1/4 cup finely diced onions
1/4 cup finely diced green red peppers
1/4 cup finely diced red peppers
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1 large egg (beaten)
18oz jar Dennis’ Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• Set aside 1 cup of Dennis’ Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce
• In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
• Get in there with your hands and mix all ingredients thoroughly. Ensure all are blended evenly.
• Place the mixture in a 5×9 inch meatloaf or bread pan and form into a loaf being sure to fill all gaps in the sides.
• Pour the remaining 1 cup of BBQ sauce over the top of the mixture and spread evenly.
• Cook for 1 – 1 1/4 hours or until an instant read thermometer reads 175 when inserted into the center of the loaf. No part of the meatloaf should be pink.
• Remove meatloaf from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
• Cut meatloaf into 1″ thick slices.
• Have more Dennis’ Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce ready to serve on the side
This recipe is courtesy of Reva Foods LLC, see the original post here.