Nuts and Snacks
We love Willingham’s WHAM on just about everything and we love to use the rubs that we sell to make snack mix. Came across this great recipe for Chex Mix which is a great snack to enjoy year round, give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!
¼ cup Willingham’s Marinade
¼ cup Willingham’s Mild or Cajun Hot Seasoning
3 pinches of Hot Stuff for Big Kids Only
2 cups Oil (vegetable, corn, or olive)
2 cups peanuts
1 bag pretzels
3 boxes of cereal (Whole Wheat, Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Cheerios, or Crispix)
Preheat Oven to 250 F. Add the first 4 ingredients into a bowl and mix completely. Next, in a very large oven safe roasting pan, add peanuts and pretzels, and pour above mixture into roasting pan, and mix completely. Add the remaining ingredients and mix completely. Bake in the oven for a total of 2 hours while mixing every 30 minutes.
Share and Enjoy
Susan in Sumter, South Carolina uses this Willie’s Hog Dust recipe on her popcorn. That is right, with this recipe the classic snack of popcorn is brought to a whole new level. Try this while watching your next DVD or road tripping.
- Pop up some fresh popcorn, we love black kernel popcorn!
- Melt Three(3) Tablespoons of butter
- Add 1 -2 tsp Willie’s Hog Dust® to the melted butter.
- Pour liberally over fresh popcorn.
Oh yeah! Now enjoy! Thank you Susan in Sumter, SC and thank you Willie!
Share and Enjoy
Willie’s Hog Dust is a great seasoning and there is nothing like some Hog Dusted pecans to make for a great tailgate snack.
Willie suggests you start with four cups of fresh pecan (or two cups of Almonds and two cups of fresh pecans).
- Take one half stick of butter and melt it down in the microwave or over the stove. Combine the melted butter with one tablespoon of light Karo syrup and mix.
- Pour the butter and syrup mixture over the pecans in a bowl and toss pecans until they are coated with butter.
- Heavily Coat pecans with Willie’s Hog Dust® and toss.
- Spread pecans on sheet and coat again.
- Bake in oven at 290 degrees for 50 min.
Cool and eat!