Posts Tagged ‘Jerk Chicken’
Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade is a product that we believe in and feel that this is a product that is worth buying. We added this product and Mrs. Dog provided a whole set of recipe’s that work well with her marinade. Here is a recipe that works well on all chicken parts, especially chicken wings!
- 5 lbs. chicken wings
- 5 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 5 tablespoons Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- 2 cups finally grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large bowl mix oil and jerk marinade. Add Wings. Mix and marinate the wings overnight if possible. The longer you marinate the chicken, the spicier it will taste. Add cheese and mix well. If you have the time, out the cheese into a bowl and roll each wing in it.
- Oven Method:Bake the wings on a greased sheet pan at 375F for about 40 minutes turning one if necessary. Grill Method: Place the wings on the grill using a medium indirect cooking method, so that the wings are not directly over the coals. Let them stay on the grill for around 30 minutes and then at the end, place over the coals and watch closely so that you crisp the skin, but not burn it.
- You can cook these in advance and the reheat to serve.
Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade is a fat-free marinade which is excellent on your favorite meat, game, seafood or poultry. Each jar contains enough jerk marinade to make up to twenty four (24) pounds of meat. It can be added to burgers, soups, dips, omelets or veggies. ‘Jerking’ is a unique Jamaican; a centuries old tradition begun by Arawak Indians to flavor and preserve meat. It was slowly cooked over a pimento wood fire which helps jerked foods to become tender, while exploding with heat & flavor.
Share and Enjoy
Ya mon! Sometimes when the weather starts to get you down, it is time to heat up your BBQ with some Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Rasta style! Nantucket Off-Shore Rasta Rub is an easy way to get the party going with a simple recipe.
2 Tablespoons Rasta Rub
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of one lime.
1 LBS Peeled and de-veined shrimp or 1# boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Mix olive oil and lime juice in a bowl.
- Toss Shrimp or chicken in and coat with the mixture.
- Add Rasta Rub and cilantro, toss again to until coated evenly.
- Let marinate for up to 20 minutes.
- Grill shrimp over medium direct heat until cooked thoroughly (5-10 Min for Shrimp, 15-20 Min for Chicken)
Serve over Pasta or with Red Beans and Rice.