Posts Tagged ‘Jerk’
Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade is a product that we believe in and feel that this is a product that is worth buying. We added this product and Mrs. Dog provided a whole set of recipe’s that work well with her marinade. Here is a recipe that works well on all chicken parts, especially chicken wings!
- 5 lbs. chicken wings
- 5 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 5 tablespoons Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- 2 cups finally grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a large bowl mix oil and jerk marinade. Add Wings. Mix and marinate the wings overnight if possible. The longer you marinate the chicken, the spicier it will taste. Add cheese and mix well. If you have the time, out the cheese into a bowl and roll each wing in it.
- Oven Method:Bake the wings on a greased sheet pan at 375F for about 40 minutes turning one if necessary. Grill Method: Place the wings on the grill using a medium indirect cooking method, so that the wings are not directly over the coals. Let them stay on the grill for around 30 minutes and then at the end, place over the coals and watch closely so that you crisp the skin, but not burn it.
- You can cook these in advance and the reheat to serve.
Mrs. Dog’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade is a fat-free marinade which is excellent on your favorite meat, game, seafood or poultry. Each jar contains enough jerk marinade to make up to twenty four (24) pounds of meat. It can be added to burgers, soups, dips, omelets or veggies. ‘Jerking’ is a unique Jamaican; a centuries old tradition begun by Arawak Indians to flavor and preserve meat. It was slowly cooked over a pimento wood fire which helps jerked foods to become tender, while exploding with heat & flavor.