So Dean called me a few days ago and asked me how is awesome BBQ Sauce was selling and I told him that we needed to get the word out so I asked him for the Top % Unique uses of Dean’s STS – Smokin’ Texas Barbecue Sauce cooking sauce. Below is a collection of some of the comments he has gotten from his biggest fans on how they are spicing up their recipes.
1. Vegetable Cooking Broth – Use 1 part sauce mixed with 1 part water and slowly simmer favorite vegetables as normal.
Compliments of V. Mills, resident of “Serenity”
2. Zesty Meatloaf – Substitute Dean’s STS in place of the ketchup when called for in your favorite meatloaf recipe.
– Compliments of D. McCollough, Atlanta, GA
3. Tangier Homemade Pizza – Mix in “a good portion” of Dean’s STS when creating the marinara sauce to be spread on pizza dough before baking.
– Compliments of G. Rygert, Marietta, GA
4.Ketchup Replacement – This stuff is the ultimate replacement for Ketchup, and is just awesome on burgers. Tangy flavor with just a kiss of heat.
5. Lechón baboy is just better – Dean’s spouse hails from the island nation, Philippines. One of her homeland’s treasured national foods is known at Lechón baboy, a spit-roasted whole hog, fired long and slow in a time honored tradition that results in supernaturally crisp teak-colored skin, yet fall-off-the-bone moist meat entrapped within the skin. We’ve had the local (there’s only one here in the Atlanta area we know of) lechón maker add Dean’s STS to the usual host of Asian spices that the hog is stuffed with before cooking, resulting in quite unique flavor combinations.
Dean’s STS – Smokin’ Texas Barbecue Sauce all natural is a deliberate antithesis of the stereotypical sweet-n-syrupy BBQ sauces found in the major retailers. Not a “boutique” sauce but we can tell you that Dean’s Smokin’ Texas BBQ Sauce is not the typical sauce found at your local grocer.