Posts Tagged ‘Primo27’
We love to grill Salmon and there is nothing better on salmon than a really complimentary spice rub. What we enjoy most from a spice rub is when you can buy them with or without salt, which is the case with Primo27 Original Blend from Spice Crafters Inc. The reason is simple, Salmon can often be overpowered by a salt and in many cases you want the delicious flavor of the fish to stand on it’s own.
We sprinkled this with a really nice dose of Primo27 Original Blend and were very happy with the results! When you use a low sodium or salt free spice, you can really spice up the fish without worrying too much about it being overpowered by the salty and losing the flavor of the spice. In this case, you can see that the rub formed a nice crust when grilled, and this really added the flavorful crunch I love on my salmon.
As for grilling fish, and in this case grilling fresh salmon, many people worry about it sticking to the grill and ending up with a mess of fish. Since we upgraded to GrillGrates, we have not only seen a beautiful finished product, but it simplifies our life so much. We simply place the salmon across the grain of the GrillGrates and use their GrateTool to flip the vegetables and the salmon, the results were spectacular. Here is a simple procedure to follow when grilling fresh fish.
Steps to Grill Fish
- Apply a light coating of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the outside of the fish. (Optional, but recommended)
- Apply a liberal coating of non-salty spice rub, so as to cover the fish completely. If the rub contains salt, just go easy.
- Heat up your grill and put the fish, skin side down, over the medium direct flame.
- Watch for a while as the fish begins to cook from the bottom up, about 2 to 4 minutes in, check to see if the fish is ready to be flipped.
- Using Tongs, grab the fish and flip it over onto the other side to form a nice crust on the top layer and cook to your liking.
Share and Enjoy
BBQ Pro Shop is very excited to be selling PRIMO27 Seasoning Salt and Original Blend from SpiceCrafters. PRIMO27 is bringing a very interesting balance of eclectic flavors to their blend of spices. SpiceCrafters PRIMO27 Original Blend features spices used in American, Latin American, Caribbean, Asian, European, African, and Mediterranean cuisine. On the Spice Crafters Web Site, they feature many different uses for this seasoning and Fried Chicken with Corn on the Cob is one of our favorites.
You can find more recipes and more information about Spice Crafters and Primo 27 HERE!