Soak Slathered & Seasoned
Elizabeth Karmel is being featured on the AOL Food section talking about her new book, Soak, Slathered and Seasoned that shows you how to make your own rubs and marinades as well as teaches you some of the finer points of how to make your food taste great both on and off the grill.
Grill Friends Martini Shaker
“Do you marinate a different way? Karmel says that “a lot of cooking is about tradition. Keep doing it the way your mom or dad did it if it tasted good.”
The article also features her Martini Shaker which was something she came up with when she working on her new book. She needed someplace to mix and shake the marinades and her Martini Shaker w/ Classic Cocktail Based Marinades was born!
John Willingham’s Original Mild Rub or W’ham Seasoning as they call it in Memphis is one of our best selling BBQ spice rubs. We know why, it is just incredible. Willingham’s Original Mild has been my go to spice rub on ribs, pork chops and pork butts for my formidable years and is one of my favorites.
We Paired Willingham’s Original Mild Spice Rub with the Grill Friends Stainless Steel Rub Shaker so that you can have the best of both words and a really nice reusable shaker to make your own spice rubs or fill it with Mike Mills Magic Dust or John Willinghams W’ham!
- Split all beef or kosher hot dogs and sprinkle W’ham seasoning and then throw them on the grill under medium heat and let them cook low and slow.
- Add Willingham seasoning to your vinegar and oil dressing or other salad dressings or just sprinkle on top of you favorite salad for some added flavor.
- Sprinkle W’ham on tomatoes, cucumbers, or other vegis & allow to marinate
- Great on fresh apple slices
- Sprinkle and rub Willingham’s seasoning on Ribs, Chicken, Fish, Ham, Chops, Beef or Pork Roasts before oven baking, broiling, grilling or smoking.
Recipe for Willingham’s Meatloaf
Mix up your favorite meatloaf recipe.
Mix Willingham’s Mild or Willinghams Cajun spice rub with some tomato sauce.
In the last 10 minutes of baking, grilling or smoking your meatloaf, using the Grill Friends Silicone Angled Brush, apply a small amount of the BBQ sauce and W’ham mix over the meatloaf.
After it comes out of the oven do a 2nd light coating, let it cool and serve it hot.