Posts Tagged ‘Shrimp’
It’s not all about BBQ and Smoking when you talk about Frogmats, there is a great use of this product that goes beyond keeping the briskets and pork butts from melting into and sticking to the grates on your smoker. Frogmats are just perfect for indirect grilling. Indirect grilling means that you are not placing Frogmats directly above your coals and flame, but rather, safely off to the side. Frogmats are a reusable mat that is non stick and will with stand heat up to 550F.
BBQ Pro Shop Carries two sizes of these, one which is a smaller size, 10″ x 13″ which we find is perfect for grilling vegetables, shish kabobs, shrimp, fish, chicken wings and anything that falls through the grates when you grill it. It is a non-stick, FDA approved surface that is made in the USA. Clean up is really easy, just drop it in the dishwasher and it cleans up nice.
Now for more serious smoking or larger grill surfaces BBQ Pro Shop also carries the larger size 19″ x 22″ version which we use on my Primo XL Grilling surface. At this size there is a couple of different ways you can go with it. When smoking Chicken Wings, I will lay it out over the grill surface and just lay all the wings down on top of it while on the smoker. This keeps the wings from getting stuck in the cracks while smoking is going on.
It is great for grilling delicate foods such as fish, shrimp, green beans and asparagus as well. If you have ever tried to take a Pork Butt or Shoulder off the grill without shredding it, you will see why placing a Frogmat underneath is so important. Give them a try today.
Share and Enjoy
Nantucket Off-Shore Bayou Rub is a fantastic seasoning that brings home the flavors of the bayou in one simple blend. If you have not tried Grill Friends Double Kabob Skewers this would be the time to give them a try as they make grilling kabobs less hazardous! Here is a Bayou Rubbed Shrimp kabob recipe that is sure to please.
1 LB cooked and peeled shrimp
2-3 Teaspoons of Nantucket Off-Shore Bayou Rub
1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of half a lemon
- In a mixing bowl, combine Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and shrimp. Toss the shrimp.
- Sprinkle in Nantucket Off-Shore Bayou Rub and toss again until the shrimp is evenly coated.
- Skewer the shrimp using Grill Friends Double Kabob Skewers and some of your favorite veggies.
- Grill the shrimp over medium direct heat for 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve over rice
Share and Enjoy
Ya mon! Sometimes when the weather starts to get you down, it is time to heat up your BBQ with some Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Rasta style! Nantucket Off-Shore Rasta Rub is an easy way to get the party going with a simple recipe.
2 Tablespoons Rasta Rub
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of one lime.
1 LBS Peeled and de-veined shrimp or 1# boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Mix olive oil and lime juice in a bowl.
- Toss Shrimp or chicken in and coat with the mixture.
- Add Rasta Rub and cilantro, toss again to until coated evenly.
- Let marinate for up to 20 minutes.
- Grill shrimp over medium direct heat until cooked thoroughly (5-10 Min for Shrimp, 15-20 Min for Chicken)
Serve over Pasta or with Red Beans and Rice.