Gary Glen Reviews: Big Butz BBQ Sauce Cranberry and Hot!
The National Barbecue Association held it’s annual conference for 2014 in San Marco, TX and as the BBQ Pro Shop does every year, we like to recognize the Product, Rub and Sauce partners who placed in the Top 5 this year and use this as an opportunity to find new products that we should add to our All Star Line-up! BBQ Pro Shop has always made a commitment to find the best products from the professional pitmasters and family recipes that make the products so unique that you cannot find them in your local specialty shops.
One stand out this year was Famous Dave, I have had the
This may be one of the best overall BBQ Sauce for pork and an even better dipping sauce for finished product
opportunity to get to know Dave Anderson just a little bit better through my association with the Illinois BBQ Alliance and he is a true BBQ man, through and through. The success of Famous Dave’s and it’s ability to stay true to BBQ through all of the expansion and success is something I appreciate. My family was in Hayward, WI this past summer and had the chance to visit the Original Famous Dave’s on the lake and all of the sauces and food was just great, highly 2014 you stop by if you are in the neighborhood!
This year’s report comes courtesy of Big Wayner’s BBQ Blog where Wayne Brown explores the “Thoughts, Musings, and Tidbits from the World of BBQ” and of which we have supported since the beginning! Stop by and subscribe to his newsletter and check out his Blog! You can download a list of all the winners from the NBBQA site HERE. Congratulations to all the winners! If you are interested in selling on BBQ Pro Shop, drop us a line!
Dennis' Key Lime BBQ Sauce is Low Sodium, fresh and subtle flavor that feels like you’re on a vacation in Key West.
Dennis’s love of barbecue lead him to the creation of Dennis’ Key Lime Barbecue Sauce. Dennis’ Key Lime Barbecue Sauce is a blend of natural Florida flavors combined with the traditional sauce ingredients. We love Reva Foods sauces because they are all natural, and are either low or reduced sodium with no fat, and no MSG added. Dennis was kind enough to allow us to reprint one of his recipes and we are excited about the opportunity to bring his recipe for Baked Pork Tenderloin with Key Lime Glaze to BBQ Pro Shop, just another great thing to try Dennis’ Key Lime Barbecue Sauce.
Now this recipe calls for it to be done in the oven, which is legal, but anything that can be done in the oven, can be done over indirect heat or on a smoker to qualify as true BBQ. In order to do this, you will need the following ingredients:
(4) Pork tenderloins, remove all white skin and membranes (Around 4 poundsl)
2 Cups Dennis’ Key Lime BBQ Sauce
Kosher Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
• Rub the pork liberally with the Kosher Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
• Preheat a large griddle or sauté pan on high heat for a 1 minute, then add the olive oil
• On all sides, sear the pork tenderloins until nicely browned
• Put the tenderloins in the ovens to roast for about 15 minutes
• Brush the tenderloins liberally with Dennis’ Key Lime BBQ Sauce.
• Let tenderloins roast for another 5-7 minutes, keep an eye on them.
• Brush the meat a second time with Dennis’ Key Lime BBQ Sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes or when your instant-read thermometer reads 140-145 degrees, depending on how you like your pork.
• Let the tenderloins rest for about 10 minutes and then slice into 1/2″ thick chunks and serve.
This recipe is published with permission from Reva Foods LLC. Thank you Dennis and Kathy!