Maine is known for lobster, and we love the simplicity and convenience of this grilled lobster tail recipe.
We highly recommend grilled lobster tails over a charcoal grill. It creates a smoky, rich flavor that will change the way you enjoy shellfish. It takes only 20 minutes to grill the whole lobster and just 10 for the tail, so it’s one of the fastest-cooking proteins for a charcoal grill, too.
If you don’t like all the cleanup that comes with a charcoal grill, we’ve got you covered. Kick Ash Basket makes the post-grill clean up safer and easier, so you can get back to grilling your favorite American BBQ recipes.
- 6 lobster tails
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- If the lobster tails are frozen, make sure they are fully thawed before cooking.
- Use scissors to cut 3 lengthwise slits in the underside of the tail. This will loosen the shell. Cut the top of the shell lengthwise down the center, but leave the fin intact. Loosen the meat from the shell.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chives, garlic, and salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture over the lobster meat.
- Cover the meat with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place the lobster tails on the grill rack, meat side up. Grill the meat covered and over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the meat is opaque.
Serve your lobster with mac and cheese– trust us on this one.
Check out Kick Ash Basket
This recipe was brought to you by your grilling buds at Kick Ash Basket! They make charcoal grilling easier than ever before. Their baskets and cans let you clean your charcoal ash without a mess, and their adjustable dividers make it easy to separate your cooks.
Find out more about what they do and why they do it here. We’re proud to be kicking ash and making flames with them, and BBQ Pro Shop is doubly proud to partner with Kick Ash Basket to bring you the best-tasting grilled dishes.