This unique pulled pork recipe is absolutely scrumptious, if you’re a fan of spice— and of coffee— you will adore this pulled pork recipe. You can use this recipe on any cut of pork: pork tenderloin, pork chops, pork shoulder, or pork butt. This sauce makes about two cups, so adjust the amounts according to the pork cut you choose. Before starting, learn how to perfectly grill pork every time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup medium onion, minced (white onion preferred)
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- ¼ cup brown sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey or light molasses
- 2-3 teaspoons Dirty Gringo rub
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, stir in the onion. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add together everything except for the butter. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, until the mixture is reduced.
- Whisk in the butter until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from heat, and serve warm with pork. You can store this in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks, but reheat on the stove before using.
Check out Kick Ash Basket
This recipe was brought to you by your grilling buds at Kick Ash Basket! They make charcoal grilling easier than ever before. Their baskets and cans let you clean your charcoal ash without a mess, and their adjustable dividers make it easy to separate your cooks. Find out more about what they do and why they do it here. We’re proud to be kicking ash and making flames with them, and BBQ Pro Shop is doubly proud to partner with Kick Ash Basket to bring you the best-tasting grilled dishes.