Manly Green Bean Bouquets
This side dish comes from Smoke Freaks, the BBQ Pro Shop Factory Team, who think it’s high time for haricot verts to man up! This dish is simple to prepare and presents beautifully. The Smoke Freaks used Boars Night Out White Lightening with Double Garlic Butter to add a delightful shot of flavor to the beans and a bacon wrap to make it awesome.
1 ½ pounds French green beans
12 slices bacon (not thick cut)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Boars Night Out White Lightening with Double Garlic Butter
- Preheat oven, indirect grill or cooker to 400 degrees F.
- Lay bacon slices flat on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until bacon is beginning to brown but is still soft.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Blanch beans in a pot of boiling water with cover for 60 seconds.
- Transfer beans to a strainer and run under cold water for 60 seconds.
- Lay beans on a flat surface and blot to remove excess water.
- Mix beans in a large bowl with olive oil and White Lightening to coat beans evenly.
- Assemble Manly Green Bean Bouquets by placing 13 beans on a strip of bacon, then roll bacon around the beans to create the Bouquet. Secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat Bouquet assembly until all beans and bacon have been used.
- Arrange Bouquets on a clean foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake Bouquets in oven for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Remove toothpicks and serve with a perfectly grilled pork chop or steak.
- Freak ON!
Factory Team Tip: Manly Green Bean Bouquets can be assembled in advance! Proceed through step 8, then set aside or refrigerate until ready to cook. Start the cooking process right before you throw steaks or chops on the grill for a perfectly timed outcome.