Meat Church has created an all in one Texas Chili seasoning mix of his own special Texas Chili Recipe. Meat Church Texas Chili Seasoning will make your chili taste better, creating a hearty, meaty Texas-style chili for the hungriest of appetites. Even better, this seasoning is also Gluten-Free & MSG-free!
While we are sharing their tasty Texas-style ingredients (and a link to their full recipe) below, we wanted to share a bean chili alternative as well.
White & Red Bean Turkey Chili
- 1.5 cups dry red kidney beans (I used Camellia Beans)
- 1.5 cups dry white northern beans (Camellia Again)
- 1.5 lbs of ground turkey
- 2 – 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 – 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP of Meat Church Texas Chili Seasoning
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Use your instant pot for a “power soak” of the dry beans – which is 30 min on high pressure with 8 cups of water. Drain and set to the side.
- Add olive oil to a large pot and place it over medium-high heat for two min. Add the onion and cook for about 5 min stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and 1 tablespoon of Texas Chili Seasoning. Break apart the turkey with a spoon. Cook 6-7 min until turkey is browned. Stir occasionally.
- Add the broth, tomatoes with their juice, sauce, paste, beans, and remaining seasoning. Stir well.
- Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then reduce heat to low to gently simmer the chili, for 25 min. (this timing is for the power soaked beans!)
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 min before serving.
- Add garnish and serve!
(Note, I actually turned mine off and let it sit for a hour (and then reheated on the stove)- but that was more due to family timing. It did give the chili a chance to enhance the flavor even more – so I’m mentioning it!)
- 2 lbs of ground meat (Venison also great, Matt’s fav)
- 1 lb of HOT breakfast sausage
- 1 lb of chuck roast (Alternatively Matt loves using brisket, venison medallions or quarters.) This ingredient is key to making it hearty.
- 3 medium red onions, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, minced (sub 3 T Spice World Ready to Use garlic)
- 2, 28oz can crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1, 28oz Italian Style diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 7oz can Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, chopped. Preserve the liquid.
- 2 Beers. 1 for the chili and 1 to drink while you’re making it.
- 6 T Meat Church Texas Chili Seasoning. This is a great heat level, but back it down to 4-5 T for Mild. Add 1-2 T more for even spicier or add 2 T cayenne pepper.
- Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Jalapeños
- Chopped White Onions
- Large Slow Cooker or Dutch oven. We make ours in a Lodge 7 qt dutch oven.
- Large Skillet (to sauté the veg)
Find the instructions here: Meat Church Texas Chili Recipe.